If you are into the internet, you might have heard about parallax web design & might even have interacted with the websites that use this kind of design. Since recent years Parallax Website Design is becoming more and more popular every day. It has secured a high value in regards for User Interface and User Experience. It is very important to have knowledge of this for any frontend developer or any UI & UX Developers. We’re often asked by clients to use a parallax effects in their respective websites, they ask us to do all those sort of animations that they see in so many different sites but is it the right fit for their needs? what does parallax design even means? Here will cover all these questions, its pros and cons of using Parallax in your websites.
Parallax Web Design is a process when elements in your website move in different direction and speed in response to user navigating the website or mouse scrolling. It provides an kind of Illusion where things are not dynamic an respond to user’s actions. Parallax originated from very old video games where a playable animated character stood in the same place but the backgrounds like hills & roads moved in one directions & gave an illusion that the character was moving instead. This same concept applies to website designs in which the background of the website moves at a different speed than the rest of the page for an impressive visual effect that allows for countless & creative applications online. Parallax design gives websites a great opportunity to create interaction in a website using only native browser technologies like HTML5, CSS3, jQuery and Graphic design.
1. Parallax websites allows the user to be in charge.
2. It makes the website stand out of the crowd in regards to user interaction.
3. User is able to take an active role in their interactions with the website.
4. The more the user is able to interact your website the more time they spend reading and reviewing your content and the better chances you have to promote your products & achieve your motives.
5. Having a way to make visitors pay attention as soon as they get on your website can be very advantageous too.
6. It enables designers to take a story telling approach to guide the visitors through the site encouraging visitors to scroll through the entire page.
7. It most certainly creates a WOW effect in visitor’s mind and they can really enjoy the whole experience of your website.
1. With all the facilities it provides, there are few cons of using parallax in your website design.
2. The most common mistakes is overusing.
3. Using Parallax is good, but overusing it or if carelessly planned then it could turn out to be a disaster.
4. It as a problem for SEO. Most parallax sites are single page which only allows them limited meta keywords and URLs so we can say they aren’t SEO friendly.
5. Parallax sites use lots of big images and videos which causes slow loading time. This could leave your visitors frustrated and leave the website before it even opened.
6. It might not be 100% compatible with responsive and mobile designs as well as older browsers.
7. Carefully planning and executing it perfectly can eliminate all the cons.