Ultimate Website Launch Checklist – Things to checkout before launching your website
Looking to launch your new website or relaunching existing one? Then before pressing publish button, you should check out our ultimate website launch checklist.
We all know website launching is the challenging and exciting task! That’s why 4Life Innovations have prepared a handful website launch checklist for your website.
- Content should be free from: Grammatical errors & spelling mistakes (Grammarly) Duplicate content issues (Small SEO Tools)
- Content should have: Unique writing structure, capitalization, punctuation, Link formation ( Footer links, Proper Inbound links, Contact number tel links, Email links, logo (Links to home))
- Text/HTML ratio – Make sure website must have 25 to 70% Text/HTML ratio
- Does your website have legal pages? Add Privacy policies, GDPR (Cookies usage policy) and terms & conditions pages
Accessibility & Infrastructure
- Is your website mobile friendly? – About 60% of traffic comes from mobile devices and nowadays, Google give more credits to those websites which have mobile friendliness
- Cross browsers Compatibility – Different browsers may render your site in different ways, so it’s important to test your website in different browsers
- Consistent Navigation – Make use of universal navigation for internal links. Use breadcrumbs for easy navigation from deep links
- Frame/Flash – Make sure website don’t have frame and flash elements because search engine crawler can’t able to read these files. Try an alternative way to balance the website elements
- Make sure images, audios and video files will work on all cross devices
- Link Structure: Make sure all links should have an SEO friendly URL structure
Example: xyz.com/abc-xyz instead of xyz.com/abc_xyz
- Broken Link: Make sure website doesn’t have any broken link. Check links through Dr Broken Link and Xenu
- Make the most use of footer space – quick links, Contact details, copyright content (It must be updated), awards icons, social media icons
- Favicon icon must be present
- Readability and Whitespace – The website must have the readable font (Web fonts) as well as enough whitespace. It balances the interactions to users
- Make good use of color pattern combination. Check out tools: Coolors and Paletton
- Website layouts should respond to change in screen size
- Touch support and icons must be appropriate for reading
- Website should have a customized 404 page to handle the broken 404 status links
SEO & Analytics
- Page-Speed: Website must be loaded in ideal speed. Check your website page speed with GTmetrix & Google Pagespeed Insights
- Meta tags: Do a perfect keyword research and make keyword strategies for keyword target. Adjust keyword density in content and keep all meta tags – Title and description according to pages
- Canonical tag: Make sure website have added a canonical tag, It’s an HTML element that helps webmasters prevent duplicate content issues by specifying the ”canonical’
<link rel=”canonical” href=”https://www.xyz.com/”>
- Header tags: Does your website have done best use header tags? H1 tag should include your best keywords and using one per page can strengthen your SEO
- Image optimization: Use optimized images with image alt tags
Check out with this tool for alt tags – Ad Results & Optimizilla for image optimization
- Google Analytics: Setup Google Analytics with configuring with tracking code and manage all accountable settings (HTTPS, as well as IP, exclude – Use the query “what is my IP” to get your IP address)
- Google Search console: Setup Google search console to track on-page SEO factors and Google page indexing. Also, be prepared with XML sitemap configuration
- Traffic monitoring: Get real-time traffic monitoring with Tawk live chat tool. Webmaster can engage with real-time visitors
- Social Sharing options: Make sure social media accounts integrated & linking to correct URLs. Also, use API for integrations.
- Open graph meta tags: Open graph meta tags allow you to control what data (content, images, videos) shows up when a page is shared on social media platforms. Generate Open graph through Metatags
- Ensure that the website have included the SSL certificate
- Do you have a full backup of website? Use BackWPup
- Make sure website have a robots.txt file. It restricts the activity of search engine crawlers and stops them from accessing certain sensitive pages and directories
Now, you’re fully prepared to press the publish button!
*Buzz contact us button for a quick website check and fix!